Tuesday 11 May 2021

Flowers to brighten the day.



On a cloudy, grey day last week I found a box in my front porch and inside were these - 


A totally unexpected selection of colourful flowers, sent by my daughter-in-law, Sheeja. 
When I rang to thank her, she wondered if they were as nice as the picture she was shown when ordering them, so I took this photo (above) to show her how lovely they were, even though some of the blooms were in bud. As there were so many, I had divided them between 3 vases.
Today, exactly a week later, the Lilies have opened fully and the red roses have also opened up and are at their best. 




They really did brighten my day - and are still doing so a week later.  

8 comments:

  1. It was indeed, Mary. Apart from the Sunflower and the Gerberas, which folded and collapsed earlier today, I suspect I shall be enjoying them for quite a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gift like that really brightens the day. The roses are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely unexpected gift, the flowers are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely gift. Flowers last a long time with a little care.
    Nice to have a varied selection so that you could suit the vases to different rooms

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely surprise and beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaawww mum.. I am so glad you are still enjoying them... Hugs! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. And still they look great, 2 weeks later! This morning I trimmed the stems again and removed the lower leaves before putting them back in fresh water. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog. I do appreciate your comments.