Saturday 24 October 2020

"Let There Be LIGHT!"

And thanks to Andrew, who comes and cuts the hedges of 6 neighbouring bungalows, there IS light at last! The low-in-the-sky sun can reach down on to my patio and nurture the plants in that area.  My line of sight from the back door now reaches as far as the horizon and the Moorland hills to the south, instead of the untamed wild hedge you see in this first photo. 






 


























Since returning from Polzeath, I have determined to build up some sort of fitness by walking daily; it was apparent to my niece that I was struggling to walk, thanks to my confinement to home and garden over the last 7 months, so her concern and pep talk encouraged me to do something about it. 
BUT . . . the walking in Polzeath, particularly the steep hill down from the car park, had resulted in two injured toes - both big toes had blackened nails despite wearing good walking shoes, so since then I have not been able to wear 'normal' shoes and I have had to revert to my sandals, so as not to put pressure on those poorly toes. 
However, I am happy in my sandals; it just means that muddy lanes are best avoided!
So despite the constant drizzle, Benji and I set out from home and walked the lanes - he gave me such a look (he hates going out in the rain!) as if to say, "Do we HAVE to????"




























I snatched a few photos along our route -




There were alternating sunshine and showery periods throughout this walk, which enabled me to catch this rainbow in the valley below.


Once more in the Tokenbury lane - with sunshine to look at and a dirty big black cloud hanging over us!




Turn right for home - and a very welcome cup of tea or two!


12 comments:

  1. My apologies for that big gap - I tried to close it but in draft form, there was no gap. Pressed 'Publish' and the gap was back! Grrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benji's face is a study! You can tel where he would rather be.
    What a difference you wiill find without the hedge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a huge difference. Every morning when I open the kitchen door on to the garden, I thoroughly enjoy the much wider vista. And I can see the sunset in the evening! Wonderful.

      Delete
  3. I'm with Elizabethd! You must be very hard hearted to resist that look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am, Mary. Proper 'ard! He's a stubborn little so-and-so with strong views on what he likes and dislikes; he dislikes rain and going out in the rain is a terrible idea. Fortunately I'm bigger and stronger than him so he doesn't always get his own way. He does enjoy it once he gets going and trots along happily, taking in all the sights and smells. He still insists on a thorough towelling when we reach home, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Benji, I don't like going for a dog walk in the rain. Poppie hates it too so is quite happy with a couple of minutes in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaawwwww mum!! Miss you and Benji bob!!!! So nice to see your photos! Such a beautiful rainbow you’ve captured!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew did a great job. I just love your walk along the lanes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks as though you had a bit of everything, weather-wise. The last few photos are beautiful. What is the saying - there's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. No excuse for Benji, you had dressed him well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He still moaned about his head getting wet!!! As soon as he walked through our front door, he ran on to the hall rug and furiously rubbed his head sideways along the rug, then back again to dry the other side of his head. And so to bed . . .

      Delete
  9. Aww, Benji’s face and he had his coat on too! You won’t know yourself with those hedges being cut back, so much more light :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, Ann. I only just found your post here; for some reason I'm not being notified of replies on my posts. Yes, he had his coat on, but his PAWS were getting wet. It's a terrible life he leads, being MADE to go out when the ground is wet. Sometimes, Mummy actually pushes him on his bum with her shoe, out of the door, to spend a penny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog. I do appreciate your comments.