Saturday 18 January 2020

A catch up.

Apologies for the 5 weeks that have elapsed since my last post but we have had some dire weather: constant heavy rain, gales, dark days and nothing much to entice anyone out of a warm home to walk around and take photos. 
However, home was brightened considerably when 100 sweetly-scented narcissi arrived - a beautiful present from one of my sons.



























Benji provided some drama - after needing 2 visits to the vet (and a chunk of cash out of my purse) for attention to his chewed tail, needing antibiotics, steroids and a cone of shame, I was then advised that he needed urgent dental work.  So once recovered from the tail mishap, he went in for a full day to have 14 loose or decayed teeth removed. Poor lad.  He was very groggy for about 36 hours and came home with more antibiotics and a week's worth of painkillers.  Soft food for a few days, but then I realised that he never chews his little biscuits - he simply vacuums them up!  WHOOSH! and they are straight down his throat . . . so he was soon back to his normal diet.
The vet reckoned his loose teeth were as a result of a soft diet in his early years: judging by his reaction to a scraped plate, I suspect he was fed on his elderly owners leftovers, which might also explain his former obesity.
He is back to normal again now apart from his daily Dentastix which I think would be a bit hard on his stitched gums.  He does have some teeth left (about 20) but it's taking a bit of getting used to arranging his tongue and mouth around them. 
Last week, I had my annual Eye Assessment to check that diabetes hadn't damaged them (still awaiting the results from my surgery but hopeful that all is well) and the car has thankfully passed its MOT without too much in the way of repairs. 
So we're all fit and well!!! Here's to some sunshine so that we can get out and about - with camera. 






16 comments:

  1. Poor Benji and wow 100 narcissi, absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Benji indeed, but thank goodness he has recovered now. I was so happy with the beautiful flowers.

      Delete
  2. The flowers are absolutely stunning in such a mass, aren't they?!

    Poor Benji - and I didn't know dogs had so many teeth! I'm used to cats, who have somewhat fewer. Benji is lucky to have landed with you and be getting such good care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers, this is the season for the Spring daffodils now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were very early blooms, grown in Jersey, though I have now seen daffodils flowering in gardens around here. Always a very welcome sign of Spring and better weather.

      Delete
  4. What gorgeous narcissi! Who's a lucky girl.
    I went for a retinopathy check this week too. Aen't we ;ucky t have all these checks to help keep us in good nick!

    Great to see you back. How much does Benji weigh now? He used to be such a rocking horse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers are gorgeous, aren't they? They filled the house with their sweet scent - though this proved to start my grandson sniffing, sneezing, eyes streaming and having to take anti-histamines!
      Yes, I have had so many regular checks since being diagnosed with Diabetes - it's good to know that it is being so closely monitored.
      Benji slimmed down to 10kg, but probably due to less exercise in this awful weather, he now weighs a little more - 10.7kg.

      Delete
  5. What lovely flowers, they should certainly brighten up your home. Poor Benji, I hope he's recovering well from his dental work. I've had three visits to the vet this last week with Sophie, she suffered a stroke a week ago. Hopefully she'll recover with some medication and lots of nursing from me - cute photo on my blog if you're interested :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just found your current blog and the cute photo. I had noticed that there were no new posts on the others and thought you had stopped blogging. Glad to have found you again. I have given up camping now - my last trip during rather windy weather made me realise that I could no longer cope with packing the car, driving to a campsite, unpacking, erecting the tent and installing all the equipment. So now I make do with days out plus a week in a caravan further down west Cornwall.

      Delete
  6. Wow, 100 narcissi - how wonderful. Animals are always expensive aren't they especially as they get older. Both of ours have been to the vet lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as though he might need to go back again to the vet - tonight I found an open sore on his neck which he has been scratching. Aaaarrrggghhh! I have put some antiseptic cream on it and hope it will heal on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers were a delight so pretty. Such a thoughtful gift. Hope the weather picks up and that you are soon able to get out and about again. Here's hoping for a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh poor Benji, and poor you (or your purse). Lovely to see you back blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosie I'm a little envious that you live in such a stunning part of Cornwall and I'm a little jealous of your much cooler weather ...it hit 40 degrees today where I live! I've enjoyed a lot of soft hiking in Britain and I've yet to visit Cornwall. Perhaps later this year...if I'm lucky and frugal in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Water Hack Burns 2 lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

    More than 160,000 men and women are trying a simple and secret "water hack" to lose 2lbs every night while they sleep.

    It is scientific and it works with anybody.

    You can do it yourself by following these easy steps:

    1) Go get a glass and fill it with water half the way

    2) And now learn this awesome hack

    you'll become 2lbs skinnier when you wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you realize there's a 12 word sentence you can communicate to your crush... that will induce deep feelings of love and impulsive attraction for you buried within his heart?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, look after and care for you with his entire heart...

    ===> 12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Instinct

    This impulse is so built-in to a man's brain that it will make him try harder than ever before to love and admire you.

    Matter of fact, triggering this influential impulse is absolutely binding to having the best ever relationship with your man that the second you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll instantly find him expose his mind and soul for you in a way he's never expressed before and he'll identify you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly fascinated him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog. I do appreciate your comments.