Friday 18 December 2020

What to do in January?

 It's over a month since my last post, mainly because I've been nowhere and done nothing of interest. With the coming of the dark evenings and horrible weather, I've hibernated! I'm grateful that I have a roof over my head (I hope it stays there throughout these fierce winds) and that I can keep warm and cosy inside. But I also look forward, with the advent of vaccines to treat the dreaded coronavirus, to the days when it will be possible to venture forth into a near-normal world, or at least my little bit of it. I can only dream of walking on a Cornish beach again, feeling the sun on my face and hearing the sound of the sea. 

But first, there's Christmas - a very different Christmas where it isn't safe to hug and kiss my beloved family members and share the day with them; indeed some are out of reach physically during these Covid-restricted times. In these cases, I am grateful for telephones, emails and Skype to give some comfort and a semblance of being together. The Royal Mail and the plethora of delivery firms will hopefully transport Christmas presents and cards to those who live at a distance.

And so to January - and a confession that I have treated myself to a couple of books I fancied reading if we face a further full lockdown in the New Year (these are separate from the books I buy on Kindle Unlimited, which don't count as expenditure once I paid the annual fee!!!)  


And then - a parcel arrived . . . . a Christmas present of 2 more books.  Oooohhhh, that's 4 new books to read.  🙋 
And in the next day's post . . . . another Christmas present.  FIVE new books, all placed under where the tree would be if I had put one up! 


Roll on January, that's what I say. 


12 comments:

  1. Oooh how wonderful to have all those book choices!! I found the JoJo Moyes book absolutely fascinating, and it sent me off to do more research on the travelling librarians. I do hope you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that you've read and enjoyed it, Barbara.

      Delete
  2. That looks a good selection of books - must keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good selection indeed - but which to open first? I want to read all of them!

      Delete
  3. Those look like really good books. I've heard the Thursday Murder Club but I haven't read it - yet. The others I don't know. Hope you get back to those Cornish beaches soon. One friend has already had the vaccine so I am hopeful although she was a lot older than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we'll have too long to wait, Mary. I look forward to the longer, lighter days and the ability to get out and enjoy them.

      Delete
  4. A great selection of books, like you I am looking forward to the vaccine been rolled out and the return to a little normality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which to read first, though? I do most of my reading in bed, on my Kindle, so I already have books going on there at all times. So I must restrict my 'proper' books to one at a time or I'll be hopelessly confused. (It doesn't take much!)

      Delete
  5. A great selection of books I've bought the Richard Osman one for my husband and I'm having the latest Graham Norton, if you haven't read any of his I recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another to add to my Wish List then, if he writes a good book. Lol, lol.

      Delete
  6. Oh dear! I keep getting recommendations now, based on my purchases; I quite fancy Alan Davies' latest "Just Ignore Him" and Sandi Toksvig's "Between the Stops". But I shall resist them for now and add them to my Wish List in the hope that the prices might fall before I read all my new books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a feeling that I wouldn't resist for long! I had an Amazon gift voucher for £20 which I exchanged for those 2 books . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog. I do appreciate your comments.