Wednesday 28 April 2021

A Few Tentative Outings

Covid has a lot to answer for; I can hardly believe how nervous I feel about emerging from my long 'hibernation' to mix with actual, real people. But after receiving 2 doses of vaccine, the time had come to venture out and my first destination was to the home of my son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren - still no hugs allowed but it was so good to see them and spend time chatting and catching up with them. Those children had grown & changed so much (I'm actually wondering if they will consider themselves too big and grown up to do hugs and kisses with Grandma, but I hope not!) We enjoyed a fantastic barbecue, sitting in the sunshine in their garden - so much food, but big, tall grandson was a willing volunteer to keep eating so that there would be no wasted food! I hear that he lit the barbecue on the following day as there was more food that had been taken out of the freezer and needed eating. Good lad! Sorry I didn't take photos of the spread, but we were too hungry and eager to eat to even think about cameras!

Since then, I've met up with son and DIL at a local popular cafe/restaurant for lunch at the outside tables; lots of people, a long queue for orders, but as it was a lovely, sunny day we didn't mind at all, it was very well organised and safely distanced. And the food was very good!

So were the views - 



There were more photos but for some reason, Blogger is not playing ball when I try to upload them to my blog.  Grrrr! I will try to sort the problem and post more when I can.







6 comments:

  1. So glad you have been able to meet up with family! Th barbecue sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happened to my reply to you, Mary??? I definitely posted - probably I didn't press 'Publish'!
      I hope that 'antibodies' test will be proved false and that you'll soon be able to get out and about again. xx

      Delete
  2. So good to be able to mingle again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was good to be with them all. Maybe soon it will be possible to share hugs too. I see that you have been assessed for your surgery, so I hope it won't be too long a wait for it to happen. xx

      Delete
  3. Good to catch up..and those are fabulous hanging baskets!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very colourful, aren't they? The first photo didn't turn out as well as I expected - that field was full of buttercups and they shone in the sunshine (but not in my photo!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog. I do appreciate your comments.