Thursday 24 December 2020

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

 Oh, the difference a bit of sunshine makes after weeks and weeks of heavy rain.  This morning I woke to the sun streaming through the bedroom curtains and within minutes of getting up and about I had the back door and several windows open; lovely to let the somewhat chilly air in to freshen the whole house.  It stayed open until a large grey cloud appeared, hovering above and hiding that welcome sun; time to close the hatches and turn the heating on. 

Still in my dressing gown, I answered a phone call from my eldest son, working from his home in Hampshire and we had a wonderful 90 minutes of chat and catch-up, reminiscing about times past and generally putting the world to rights, as one does.  I think this time of year encourages thoughts of Christmases of long ago and stirs memories of random things long forgotten but brought to mind again. We covered lots of wide-ranging topics.

It's raining again - looks as though that will be the order of the day but the washing is done, just the tumble drier still in action. A final whizz round with the Vac and maybe flick a duster round too and I'm done, all clean and tidy for Christmas Day. 

May I wish everyone who reads my blog as happy a Christmas as you can manage, despite the restrictions; let's be so grateful for the ways we can communicate with our familiy and friends even if we have to postpone giving actual hugs.  With the advent of the vaccines and the protection they will bring, the day will surely come when we can set foot outside with some semblance of normality to give and receive those wonderful hugs - and really appreciate what we have. 

Happy Christmas and sincere wishes for a safe and healthy 2021. 

5 comments:

  1. Have a lovely Christmas, Rosie. I'm sure Benji will have a great time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Shortly after eldest son rang, I had another long chat - with middle son, from his home in Turkey. I saw youngest son and the family yesterday, so I'm all set for a very happy Christmas now.

      Delete
  2. Wishinng you a very happy Christmas, Rosie, and of course Benji too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and Benji have a lovely cosy Christmas Rosie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are able to have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog. I do appreciate your comments.