Tuesday 26 March 2019

A Sunny Afternoon in March


This is where I've been this afternoon, enjoying the sunshine, flat calm sea and a great day for strolling along the beach with a dog.  Quite a few people had the same idea but it was by no means crowded. Benji and I were on Seaton Beach in Cornwall, about half an hour's drive from my home.
I was ready for a cup of tea afterwards but the Beach Cafe car park was full, with 3 cars waiting for spaces (shock, horror) so I drove to Hannafore, near Looe.  However, the Island View Cafe, where I worked a season many moons ago when I first came to Cornwall, was closed, as was The Kiosk.  Ah well, it saved my money, I turned around and came home.  And made my own tea! 

Not the most thrilling photos, I'm afraid, as the tide was low but I loved the deep blue sky.
The line of heavy rocks was brought by sea to be dumped there in an effort to save the properties above; their gardens are being regularly eroded by the sea.




 Benji sat patiently waiting for another dog to come along and play, but they were few and far between. Eventually, a Springer came bounding up to him, but he was wet through.  "Ugh!" said Benji. "I don't like water - get away from me." And he came and hid behind my legs for a while. 

16 comments:

  1. No tea, no doggy friends...oh dear! But lovley seascapes all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely afternoon out and despite the shortage of doggy pals, Beni still enjoyed exploring the beach. His little black nose was in overdrive! And he ran his little legs off in mad circles on the sand.
      I survived the lack of tea until I reached home again, then sat out in the garden with my cup of Yorkshire tea.

      Delete
  2. I thought there weren't going to be any Benji pictures! But he snuck in the last one, I see. Good to see you back posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to be posting more regularly quite soon - possibly around the end of May. Exciting times ahead. I'll just leave you with that thought!!!! xx

      Delete
  3. I like the look of the beach in the first photo, I love beaches that have streams running across them. Poor Benji having no-one to play with :( At least you saved some money by having your own brew at home - I've done the same thing on a few occasions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of Cornish beaches have freshwater streams (very useful for dogs) and the one you see on Seaton Beach is the River Seaton which empties into the sea right there. It looked very tame in that photo, but after heavy rainfall, the meeting of the river and incoming tide can be quite spectacular, as you can imagine.

      Delete
  4. Not every walk is tea and play mates but you did shoot some lovely sceneery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's not the prettiest of beaches because the sand is grey, but it does provide a nice dog-friendly walk along the coast to Downderry and beyond. I noticed today that recent storms seem to have brought in a quantity of golden sand which is rather nice. I hopoe it stays.

      Delete
  5. A beautiful walk you took us on, the sea looks calm so perfect for a stroll. Shame Benji could n't find a suitable playmate. Disappointing not to find a place for tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't begrudge the Beach Cafe their car park full of customers after they were destroyed by a bad storm a few years ago. As well as inside tables, they also have a covered outside area with log-burners, plus tables in the sunshine overlooking the sea. Good food and drinks, too.

      Delete
  6. How beautiful! And your third from last photo could have been taken anywhere along the north shore of Nova Scotia in Canada. It's so comfortingly familiar-looking!

    I often think I'm going to have a meal or a snack or just a drink when I'm travelling but usually I end up just wanting to get home and then I make my own instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always nice to see pictures of home and of the Devil Dog.... good one Maaaa...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, my son! Lovely to know you're watching the blog - I'll try to post more regularly, honest.
      Even without lots of playmates, the beach had the desired effect on Benji - he slept and slept for most of the hours until bedtime, then slept some more. He's very good at sleeping! I had an early night, too. Yawn . . . .

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog. I do appreciate your comments.